First Friday Prompts - The first Friday of every month we will post on the blog several prompt to give you a jump start to your writing for the month. The goal is to write at least one short story.
Flash Fiction February - More information to come.
April - Poem a Day Challenge
April is National Poetry Month and what better way to celebrate than writing a poem a day. This challenge is about having fun with poetry. Don’t worry about perfectly finished drafts. Just get rough drafts out daily. You’ll have May to edit them.
Here are some of the highlights
• You do not have to register anywhere to participate in the challenge.
• There will be prompts (Which you can use or lump) on our Face book and Blog page
• Post your poem drafts to the Starving Writer Blog under the prompt that inspired it. If you chose to lump the prompt simply post to the day you wrote it. You can see my attempts at the prompt on the blog.
• The challenge will begin April 1st and conclude on May 1st
• Beginning May 1st edit and revise your poems for submission.
• Good Luck and may all your poems be published.
November - National Novel Writing Month
National Novel Writing Month has been a tradition for many writers over the years, me included. It’s a chance to get that novel out of your head and on the paper.
The challenge of NaNo is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. No small feat. That comes out to be 1,667 words per day. Of course to make it more of a challenge Thanksgiving is thrown in there just to make it interesting.
The challenge is tons of fun. I hope you’ll join me this year in participating. Register at www.nanowrimo.org. registration is easy. Fill out your author profile and you’re done.
During the month I’ll post encouragements and mile stone reminders on Facebook and the Blog. Remember no one will knee cap you if you don’t finish. The worst that could happen is you have the beginning of your novel.
Link Connector Validation